Fax: (210) 745-4645
Jennifer Papapanagiotou focuses her practice on transactional, corporate and regulatory matters for health care providers, including but not limited to: physicians and physician organizations, hospitals, laboratories, home health agencies, hospice providers, mental health professionals, and durable medical equipment companies. She also works extensively with health care management and billing companies. Her work focuses on the types of issues health care providers deal with every day....
Practice Concentration and Experience:
- Advising clients on day-to-day operational and compliance issues.
- Drafting contracts including medical directorships, employment agreements, management contracts, etc.
- Representing individuals and entities in the purchase and sale of health care provider businesses.
- Assisting new providers with initial corporate structuring and existing providers with restructuring.
- Advising providers and suppliers on governmental and private pay reimbursement questions.
- Conducting health care fraud and abuse analyses under Stark, the Anti-Kickback Statute, the False Claims Act and a variety of state statutes and regulations.
- Providing complex compliance guidance and reimbursement counsel for numerous clinical labs.
- Advising on compliance with Federal and State health care fraud and abuse laws, the Federal Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act (EKRA), Medicare, Medicaid, private payer reimbursement policies, and general operations issues.
- Drafting contracts between labs and independent contractors, including lab directors, physician advisors, management entities and marketing companies.
- Representing health care clients being investigated by Federal criminal and civil law enforcement authorities.
- Litigating Medicare and Medicaid initial provider enrollment and revocation appeals.
- Preparing state licensing and private accreditation applications and assistance with responding to surveys.
- Defending of licensed professionals facing disciplinary action.
In addition to her work in transactional and regulatory matters, Ms. Papapanagiotou supplies substantive support for health care investigations and litigation. Her work has included representing hospitals, laboratories, skilled nursing facilities, physicians and others being investigated for potential violations of Federal criminal statutes, state health care laws and professional licensing requirements. Ms. Papapanagiotou also serves as a healthcare subject matter expert in the representation of clients being sued over alleged violations of contractual relationships.
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas (J.D., 1998, Summa Cum Laude)
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan (M.S. in Industrial Health, 1991)
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colorado (B.S. in Environmental Health, 1989)
- Member, American Health Lawyers Association
- Compliance Counsel, American Medical Billing Association (AMBA)
- Compliance Counsel, Texas Home Care & Hospice Association (TAHCH)
- Faculty Instructor, Practice Management Institute (PMI)
- Admitted to Practice in Texas