Cell: (205) 799-6227
Dr. Abney - Practice Concentration and Experience:
Charles E. Abney, J.D., M.D. - While continuing to manage a highly respected medical group, he entered law school and graduated from the University of Alabama in 2005. Since graduating from law school, Dr. Abney has continued to practice in both worlds. Dr. Abney’s perspective on Medicare, Medicaid and private payor audits in both practical and effective. Dr. Abney’s expertise can be invaluable when representing physicians and physician groups in government audits and investigations.
Areas where Dr. Abney currently focuses his legal practice include:
- Assisting physicians and medical practices in addressing ADRs and prepayment review actions by UPICs and MACs.
- Working with physicians and other members of the Liles Parker to defend a practice in a postpayment audit of physician services and DME claims.
- Developing and implementing effective Compliance Programs for physician practices and clinics.
- Representing physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants in connection with State Licensure Board.
- University of Alabama, J.D.
- University of Alabama School of Medicine, M.D.
- Birmingham-Southern College, B.S. Mathematics Education
- Dr. Abney is Licensed to Practice in Alabama
- Top 5% on National Multistate Bar Examination
- Cum laude graduate, University of Alabama, 2004